6046 Development Associate LA or OC
Primary Responsibilities and Objectives:
- Reports to the VP of Design and Development. The candidate will support the Design and Development Team in all operations in the Southern California market.
- This may involve some travel, telecommuting, and other means necessary to communicate and manage development, design and entitlements in the geography of the region primarily out of the Orange County office.
- Assist VP with site identification, evaluation, resolution of development obstacles, agency interface, and document processing.
- The Candidate will be responsible for site-specific due diligence tasks including Environmental reports, soils reports, surveys, conceptual design and schedule, budgeting and other tasks as required to ensure project feasibility.
- The Candidate will be responsible for seeking project entitlements including consultant identification and contracting, design and submittal processing, community/municipality hearings and reviews, budget identification, estimation, and management. Responsible for soft cost budgets, coordination and successful completion of development, design and entitlements tasks on multiple project sites. This includes meeting time, and task implementation and management associated with development and construction cost, schedule and quality objectives.
- Responsible for Project design including consultant identification, negotiation, contracting and management. The candidate will be expected to manage multiple design consultants, generate and effectuate a time-critical design schedule, ensure proper coordination with all trades including internal construction team members and ensure that all company, client and project policies, procedures and standards are adhered to.
- Responsible for project permitting including coordination with the construction team, city meetings, consultant management, and schedule adherence.
- The candidate shall maintain and update project logs, files, reports, schedules, and documentation as required.
- Interface with company contract administration and accounting departments as well as parent company corporate functions.
- Interface with design professionals including project architects, engineers, consultants, general contractors, manufacturers, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Participate in developing and monitoring design, permitting and construction schedules in Microsoft Project.
- Participate in developing soft cost budgets.
- Monitor overall project budget, schedule and quality control. Prepare monthly reports.
- Assist VP of Design and Development with estimating, project reports, cost comparisons, value engineering and other project assignments.
- Implement and utilize sound management practices in requesting, processing, comparing, and awarding consultant contracts.
Qualifications, Skills, and Education:
- BA/BS degree with construction and/or development related curriculum, or experience equivalent to a four-year degree.
- 1 to 3 years of construction, architectural and/or development management experience
- Strong organization, communication, leadership, and people skills
- Knowledge of project design and ability to read, comprehend and enhance project drawings
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint
Thank you for your interest. To start, please introduce yourself and Submit your Resume Today.
Sending your resumes and not getting Feedback? Are you Looking for help getting your foot in the door? Are you sending the right resume for the job?
We can HELP! We are pleased to offer a broad range of resume and career styling services. For assistance, please email Heidi at email@example.com or visit her blog SplitWorld for more information.
Call us Today (949) 955-1455
The Ankenbrandt Group – Newport Beach, CA 92660